Marina, Breakwater design & Beach creation at Port St. Charles, Barbados
A residential marina and port was constructed at Port St. Charles in St. Peter, Barbados. The development consists of two main infrastructural components, an inner and an outer basin. Smith Warner was contracted to design the required structures.
- An outer breakwater
- A connecting access bridge;
- Onshore headland structures (bridge abutment, north and south channel entrance structures);
- Inner Basin shoreline treatments, dock structures and dock and mooring options;
- Basin excavation;
- Entrance channel dredging;
- Sand bypassing system;
- Beach nourishment;
- Water circulation system;
- Miscellaneous infrastructural components (fuel dock and pump-out facilities, navigation aids and channel markers, lighting on bridge and breakwater, breakwater mooring equipment).