Port Ferdinand Marina, Barbados
At the Retreat Marina, Port Ferdinand, Barbados, SWIL was engaged to:
- -Provide safe and sheltered entry to and exit from the Retreat Marina for the vessels using this facility, during a variety of current and wind combinations, through the construction of a breakwater and/or prudent realignment of the entrance channel.
- -Ensure that there is no seiching or excess wave agitation within the marina basin under specific incident wave conditions, either through the construction of a breakwater and/or through the specification of proper internal wall treatments.
- -Provide a stable entrance channel that will be capable of withstanding swell and boat waves.
- -Ensure that there is adequate and proper flushing of the marina basin through the application of an appropriate plan layout in conjunction with the natural movement of the tides.
- -Stabilize the beach immediately to the south of the proposed Retreat Marina entrance, thereby avoiding or minimizing the seasonal cycles of erosion to which it is presently subjected.